Pretty please, with a cherry on top?
We all know that pies are the way to ones heart (right?) ... So we wanted to make a summertime treat with seasonal organic cherries to win as many hearts as we could. We wanted to keep it simple but not compromise taste. With only 4 ingredients we accomplished just that. The sweet taste of cherries accompanied with the crispness of almond paste crust hit the spot just right. Not all pies are made equal and this is no exception.
We really think you'll enjoy this one!
What more can you ask for?
Without further ado ... The Recipe (Yay!)
7 oz of almond paste
2 1/2 cups of pitted cherries
1/8 cup of maple syrup
1 tbs of tapioca starch
1. In a small pot on medium heat combine cherries and syrup. Stir well and cover for a few minutes.
2. Next stir in tapioca starch little by little. Stir until sauce is thickened. Once filling is ready remove from heat.
3. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grab almond paste and roll out thinly. Grab ramekins of choice and line inside of ramekins with dough.
4. Place ramekins in oven for 5-7min or until golden.
5. Fill ramekins with filling. Roll out leftover dough and slice into thin strips. Weave strips as shown in picture and press sides in with fork. and. Place in oven for 10min.
6. Once time is up lower heat to 350 F and bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Once time is up remove from oven and allow 10 minutes to cool. Serve and enjoy :)