Cut back on the carb crap tonight with our Cauliflower Crust pizza. OK, so by now you've probably guessed we're full blown pizza attics. Well, you guessed correctly. This recipe made for a great cheat to get that pizza satisfaction we all crave minus the heavy grain guilt trip afterwards.
The best part about this crust was there was no wait time like the traditional pizza crust. which means you're just a few ingredients and steps away from sinking your teeth into that cauliflower crust.
After brainstorming some great ideas of what to pile on this tasty crust, We decided to keep it traditional, vegan of course. We did a sundried tomato sauce with tempeh bacon, black olives, mushrooms, bell pepper, red onion, and baby spinach. This made for the perfect combination and complimented the light herbaceous crust quite well. We know, we know, We'll stop blabbering and let you get started already.
"When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that's amore"
2 1/2 cups of cauliflower
3 flax eggs (3 tbs of flax seed + 6 tbs of filtered water, let sit for 10 minutes)
1/2 cup of almond meal
1/2 tsp of oregano 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp of dried basil 1/4 tsp of pink himalayan salt
For the sauce
2 tbs of olive oil
3 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 cup of chopped yellow onion
1/2 cup of vine ripe tomatos
1/3 cup of sun dried roma tomatoes
1/4 tsp of dried oregano
1/4 tsp of pink himalayan salt
sliced crimini mushrooms
sliced black olives
chopped bell pepper
chopped red onion
1. In a blender or food processor add cauliflower and blend until rice forms.
2. Add rice into a medium sized pot. Add water just enough to cover cauliflower. Boil for 5 minutes and remove from heat.
3. Put cauliflower into a strainer or cheese cloth. Remove as much moisture as possible and place in freezer for 10 minutes to cool.
4. Place flax seeds into a pestle and mortar. Grind down seeds and add water. Set aside for a few minutes and Preheat oven to 400°.
5. Remove cauliflower from freezer and add flax eggs and seasonings stir well to form dough. Place dough on top of parchment paper on a baking sheet and press down evenly to form.
6. Bake in oven for 30 minutes flipping halfway. Start sauce in a medium sized pot on medium heat add olive oil, garlic, and onion. Stir until fragrant and add remaining ingredients. Cook for 15 minutes and add to blender. Blend until smooth and set aside.
7. When crust is ready remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Add sauce evenly along with toppings.
8. Place pizza into oven and bake for 10 minutes. Once time is up remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Garnish with sauce of choice.