When food is pleasing to the eye there's a sense of enchantment that we feel and when it tastes delicious well then it really captures the heart. It's been awhile since we made one of our favorite eye appealing treats, so we figured with Valentines Day creeping around the corner that we would make our beloved apple roses.
As flamboyant as these creations may look surprisingly you don't have to be a pastry chef to master their beauty. Once you do get the hand for these roses you will find that these make great for impressing your guests, family, or even that special someone! So lets get started after all time brings roses and in this case really tasty ones.
1 pack of puff pastry sheet
2 red apples
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 cup of raspberries
2 tbs of maple syrup
1. Thaw puff pastry sheet and preheat oven to 350 F. Slice apples in half and then slice in thin half moon slices.
2. Put in a medium sized pot filled with water and lemon juice. allow apple slices to simmer for a few minutes until bendable. Time might vary if your slices are thicker or thinner. Just make sure they are able to bend and not break.
4. Put raspberries in a small pot along with maple syrup on medium heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes, frequently stirring until both components are well combined
5. Sprinkle some flour onto a surface and roll out pastry sheet and cut into 6 strips. Add raspberries to each strip of pastry and spread out evenly.
6. Lay out apple slices along the top side of the pastry strip and sprinkle with a little cinnamon. Fold the bottom side of the pastry strip over apple slices and roll into roses.
8. Put onto a baking tray and put in oven for 30-45 minutes. Once time is up remove from oven, and let cool for a few minutes. Garnish with confectioners sugar and enjoy.