You know how the saying goes: "Eat more pasta, run fasta." After yesterdays mile and a half run and one long session of body surfing we thought we deserved a fat serving of pasta and greens. And no pasta is better with greens than a creamy, garlicy, and cheesy alfredo sauce.
This meal only took a few steps which was convenient for our massive hunger. So if you're hungry for a healthy, hearthy meal and can't wait to eat... this meal is waiting for you right around the corner. So if you're in the mood for pasta lets get going in the kitchen a little fasta.
1o oz of pasta
1 cup of peas
1 small zucchini
One handful of fresh basil
For Alfredo Sauce:
1/3 cup of sunflower seeds
3 tbs of nutritional yeast
1 tbs of hemp seeds
1 clove of garlic
2 tsp of onion powder
3/4 cup of nut milk
1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring water to a boil in a large pot and add pasta and a dash of salt.
2. Add sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, hemp seeds, garlic, onion powder, nut milk, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
3. Add spinach to one side of a bowl, and top with sprouts.
4. When pasta is ready, drain, mix with peas and sauce and add to other side of the bowl.
5. Top pasta with fresh basil and add zucchini ribbons.
6. Garnish with nutritional yeast and enjoy.