Let's be honest pizza is good any day of the week. Even if it's two days in a row. After enjoying a pesto pizza two days ago, we decided last night to make a red pizza. This pizza was so simple and satisfying and we loved enjoying pizza without cheese for once. It really puts the focus on that delicious thin and crispy crust. We decided to keep the red theme strong with red toppings and mushrooms and olives because... mushroom and olives. Just thinking about this pizza is making us consider it a third day in a row. Yes! It's that good! Alright before we have pizza for breakfast we'll leave it here.
For the crust:
1 package of dry yeast
3/4 cup of warm water
1 tsp of natural sweetener
2 tbs of oil
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp of salt
For the sauce:
1/4 cup of grape seed oil
4 cloves 0f minced garlic
1/2 tsp of dried Italian seasoning
1/2 cup of diced tomato
1/2 cup of tomato paste
1. Stir dry yeast into warm water along with sweetener until yeast is dissolved and let sit for 10 minutes. Once time is up stir in oil.
2. In a big bowl combine flour and salt and add yeast mixture to the bowl and stir and knead until well combined.
3. Cover bowl with towel and let rise for 1 hour.
4. Once time is almost up add oil to a small pan on medium heat and cook garlic along with Italian seasoning until fragrant.
5. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and let simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Add to blender and blend until creamy. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
7. Once time for dough is up cut dough into 2 halves and roll each one out.
8. Top with sauce and desired ingredients and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness of the crust and enjoy :)